Monday, April 30, 2012

Photography Contest

So, I been enter a few contest recently. Thanks to Amber Wyatt, I entered Photographer's Forum Magazine's Best of Photography 2012 Contest.


FIRST PLACE GRAND PRIZES
  • $2,000 cash award from Photographer’s Forum
  • PLUS Sigma 120-400 mm lens (MSRP $1,400)
SECOND PLACE AWARDS
  • $1,500 cash award from Photographer’s Forum
  • PLUS Sigma 8-16 mm lens (MSRP $1,100)
THIRD PLACE AWARDS
  • $1,000 cash award from Photographer’s Forum
  • PLUS Manfrotto 055XPROB Professional Aluminum tripod and 327RC2 Joystick head (MSRP $446)
FOURTH PLACE AWARDS
  • Five $125 cash awards
100 HONORABLE MENTIONS
  • All Honorable Mentions will be listed in the November 2012 issue of Photographer’s Forum magazine and will receive a gold embossed certificate of outstanding merit from Photographer’s Forum.

Also, While reading this months Digital PhotoPro Magazine I found out about their contest, the
32nd Annual Spring Photography Contest.


Grand Prize Package:
  • $1,000 cash
  • Publication of the winning photo in an upcoming issue of Digital Photo Pro
  • Tamrac's Evolution 9 Photo Backpack
  • A Gitzo Series 2 Systematic tripod with a GH2780QR Center Ball Head
  • A PNY 32GB Pro-Elite Series SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card
  • A Strobist Lighting Kit from Lumiquest
  • A 16x20 print of your photo from Duggal
  • Online publication in the Winners Gallery.
First Place Package:
  • Tamrac's Velocity 7x Camera Bag
  • A Manfrotto 190CXPRO4-M0Q4 Carbon Fiber tripod and head kit
  • A PNY 16GB Pro-Elite Series SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card
  • A Bounce Lighting Kit from Lumiquest
  • A 16x20 print of your photo from Duggal
  • Online publication in the Winners Gallery.
People's Choice Award:
  • Online publication in the Winners Gallery.

I really hope I win, but if I don't it wont deter my efforts. I think I've reached the point where some of my photos might be good enough to enter and win a contest. If anyone knows of any more, big or small, contests please let me know!