Monday, September 30, 2013

A Father-Son Vacation as a Graduation Present

My father took me fishing in Key West, FL. It was one of the best experiences I've had in a long time and one I'll always remember. I really like spending time with my dad considering I haven't always had the chance to spend a ton of time just doing fun things with him. It does make everything that we do have the chance to do together a little bit more special. 



So lets start it out with flying down there. The flight was fine. It was a bit lengthy, but the view was awesome and the plane was pretty nice. When we got down there we got a newer convertible Mustang, which I'm not a big fan of. I like my Mustang way better. We took a ride around Key West and went to eat at a restaurant at the bottom end of Duval St. Then we walked the strip which was... well interesting.


Other cool thing was the Moon. I've never seen it so beautiful.


Flats Fishing - The first day of fishing we went out on the flats.

We caught - Tarpon, Barracuda, Jack & Bone Fish






Reef Fishing - The second day of fishing Jimmy Johnson (Former NFL and University of Miami football coach) Almost caught a huge shark, but lost it when it tried to get under the anchor and then managed to make it under the reef and snapped the line.

We caught - Red Snapper





The night before we left I made a friend and gave him some Red Snapper, I wish he could have came home with me. It's too bad we were flying....



The flight home was good. I could probably retire to somewhere like Key West.


Oh and I forgot to mention, Key West has Chickens everywhere. It's the weirdest thing.