Monday, September 30, 2013

I did the "Color Me Rad 5k" March 30th. It was fun, but it was a big let down too. I did well in it and so did Anna. I struggled a bit towards the end still. However, it wasn't timed and the proceeds only went back into funding the run and didn't help raise money for anything important.






The "Zombie Escape @ Panic Point" on April 20th was fun as well, but it was cold so my Reynolds kicked in and caused a few problems and we had a mishap with some new supplements and it messed up my stomach pretty bad. It was still a good time and regardless of walking most the race I still somehow placed fairly high in the rankings. I would love to give it a second go.



Also on June 1st I ran the "Warrior Dash" for the second time. It was nice to do it again, but I was fairly disappointed in the layout this time around and with the fact that the rankings were skewed do to people skipping the last obstacle and by losing their trackers in the unbelievably thick deep mud. However, David made it. It's always great to see any of my best friends. I wish Carmen could have made it. Since Carmen couldn't make it, David brought a really nice guy to take her place. It was awesome hanging out after the event even tho we couldn't have lunch after since David got lost.








Run Wild 5K June 8th



The Paint The Town 5K in Martinsville was pretty fun. My Father ran with me.



Doing these events did encourage me to register for the "Spartan Race" in March 2013. I'm hoping that I do well.